Connection of Personal Data
Privacy protection in data connection
For Yahoo! JAPAN, protection of our customers’ privacy and the necessary information security measures are the top priority.
We regard that the data generated by our customers’ use of Yahoo! JAPAN’s services belong to the customers. Therefore, respecting the privacy of our customers, as well as protecting the privacy information from illegal access, are our mission, and are making constant efforts to improve information security. Based on such understanding and only when customers’ consent is obtained, the following data connection is conducted in order to provide better services to our customers.
Scope of data to be connected
In order to protect the privacy of the customers, only the minimum amount of Customer Data (“Target Data”) necessary to improve the usability of the services of Yahoo! JAPAN and Group Companies, will be connected after information that can directly specify specific individuals, such as names and addresses, are excluded.
Examples of data to be connected
- Identifiers (Information to judge that the customer of Yahoo! JAPAN is the same as the customer of the partner company to which the customer gave a consent to data connection)
- Information on individual attributes (age group, gender, etc.）
- Behavior history within Yahoo! JAPAN’s services (browsing history, purchase history, etc.)
Examples of data not connected *Except when consent is separately obtained
- Information that can identify individuals (Name, address, individual identification code, etc.）
- Contact information (Telephone number, email address, etc.)
- Finance-related information (Account number, credit card information, etc.)
- Special care-required personal information
- Information that falls under secrecy of communications
- GPS location information
- Yahoo! JAPAN Score
Data connection with Group Companies
Group Companies refer to Z Holdings Corporation and its parent company, subsidiary companies and associated companies.
Yahoo! JAPAN connects Target Data to Group Companies in the following cases:
- (1) Where necessary for the provision of the Services of the Group Companies;
- (2) Where necessary for the enhancement of quality of the Services of the Group Companies; and
- (3) Where necessary to consider new Services of the Group Companies.
Data connected from Yahoo! JAPAN to Group Companies will be used for the abovementioned purposes and will not be re-connected to third parties. (Excluding cases in which it is for responding to disclosure request enforced under laws and regulations.)
Data connection with partner companies
Partner companies refer to Group Companies, content providers, advertisers, advertisement distribution destinations, and other partners.
Yahoo! JAPAN connects the Target Data to partner companies in the following cases:
- (1) Where necessary for the provision of Yahoo! JAPAN’s Services;
- (2) Where necessary for the enhancement of the quality of Yahoo! JAPAN’s Services;
- (3) Where necessary to consider new Services of Yahoo! JAPAN; and
- (4) In case the data is provided to research institutions for the purposes of investigation, research or analysis.
Provision to law enforcement authorities, etc.
In addition to the above and in addition to cases in which we have obtained consent of the customers, Yahoo! JAPAN may connect Customer Data to law enforcement authorities, etc. such as administrative agencies and investigative agencies if Yahoo! JAPAN receives disclosure request on customers’ information possessed by Yahoo! JAPAN.