We regard that the data generated by our customers' use of Yahoo! JAPAN's services belong to the customers. Therefore, respecting the privacy of our customers, as well as protecting the privacy information from illegal access, is our mission, and we are making constant efforts to improve information security. Based on such understanding and only when customers' consent is obtained, the following data connection is conducted in order to provide better services to our customers.
Connection of Personal Data
Here, please find the details on how we connect data with our Group Companies and partner companies.
Major examples of data to be connected
Data included in the consent for data connection
- Identifiers (Information to judge that the customer of Yahoo! JAPAN is the same as the customer of the partner company to which the customer gave a consent to data connection)
- Information on individual attributes (age group, gender, etc.）
- Behavior history within Yahoo! JAPAN's services (browsing history, purchase history, etc.)
Data that is not connected unless consent is separately obtained
- Information that can identify individuals (name, address, individual identification code, etc.）
- Contact information (telephone number, email address, etc.) * Except when phone numbers and email addresses are processed and connected in the form of unrecoverable identifiers.
- Finance-related information (account number, credit card information, etc.)
- Location information (GPS location information, information on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, etc. that can be acquired from devices)
- Special care-required personal information (currently not connected)
- Information that falls under secrecy of communications (currently not connected)
Please find the typical examples of how we confirm individual intentions in "Use of data in each application. (Japanese Only) "
Yahoo! JAPAN connects Target Data to Group Companies in the following cases:
- (1) Where necessary for the provision of the Services of the Group Companies;
- (2) Where necessary for the enhancement of quality of the Services of the Group Companies; and
- (3) Where necessary to consider new Services of the Group Companies.
Target Data connected from Yahoo! JAPAN to Group Companies will be used for the abovementioned purposes and will not be re-connected to third parties. (excluding cases in which it is for responding to disclosure request enforced under laws and regulations, and cases in which Yahoo! JAPAN outsources the handling of Target Data to third parties).
Yahoo! JAPAN connects the Target Data to partner companies in the following cases:
- (1) Where necessary for the provision of Yahoo! JAPAN's Services;
- (2) Where necessary for the enhancement of the quality of Yahoo! JAPAN's Services;
- (3) Where necessary to consider new Services of Yahoo! JAPAN; and
- (4) In case the data is provided to research institutions for the purposes of investigation, research or analysis.